How to replace a central heating controller to be online?

The market is full of wireless thermostats making this very difficult to research. I just want to change my Danfoss FP715 central heating control to an alternative unit that I can access remotely....any solutions? Trying to avoid the expensive Nest/Hive.

All the functions of your control unit being controllable via your phone is a rather more complicated matter than altering a thermostat.
--
*If you can read this, thank a teecher

On Mon, 23 Jan 2017 11:06:47 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"

Not really. I built this a few weeks ago http://www.hestiapi.com/home
My prototype looks like this. https://www.flickr.com/gp/g3zvt/W2R0P4 It's more compact than the developers, because I used a pi Zero, and a wallwart PSU instead of accomodating it in the case.
It uses a web browser interface.
You can change the room temp setpoint and alter the on off shedule remotly. If I had designed it the DHW channel would be identical to the CH with its own 1-wire sensor on the HW cylinder, as it stands I can't fathom out the software to make changes.
Total cost to build, less than £10, that pissed off some Hive owners I know.
--

Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Quite. But probably wouldn't help with my boiler which is already microprocessor controlled.
It does have a buss to allow connection to extra zone controllers which can also switch the heating and hot water to standby, though. Or alter the on/off times and so on. But no idea if that uses a standard protocol.
--
*Procrastination is the art of keeping up with yesterday.