How to replace a central heating controller to be online?

The market is full of wireless thermostats making this very difficult to research. I just want to change my Danfoss FP715 central heating control to an alternative unit that I can access remotely....any solutions? Trying to avoid the expensive Nest/Hive.

Reply to
simonmurray4

All the functions of your control unit being controllable via your phone is a rather more complicated matter than altering a thermostat.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Not really. I built this a few weeks ago

My prototype looks like this.

It's more compact than the developers, because I used a pi Zero, and a wallwart PSU instead of accomodating it in the case.

It uses a web browser interface.

You can change the room temp setpoint and alter the on off shedule remotly. If I had designed it the DHW channel would be identical to the CH with its own 1-wire sensor on the HW cylinder, as it stands I can't fathom out the software to make changes.

Total cost to build, less than £10, that pissed off some Hive owners I know.

Reply to
Graham.

Quite. But probably wouldn't help with my boiler which is already microprocessor controlled.

It does have a buss to allow connection to extra zone controllers which can also switch the heating and hot water to standby, though. Or alter the on/off times and so on. But no idea if that uses a standard protocol.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)