how to control my central heating by phone?

I would love to find a way of phoning (or texting) home and switching my central heating on/off.

I've previously posted here about this, but unfortunately none of the suggestions worked out. The Comfort alarm system is hugely sophisticated and expensive, much more than I need. I don't want to switch lights on, run a cctv system or any of the other things it offers. Similarly for the Infinite-Wireless kit.

I was unable to find a suitable Velleman kit, and none of the products from Lets Automate seemed suitable. (These were the other two suggestions).

Should I just conclude that there isn't anything out there yet?

It's very frustrating!

Many thanks!

Reply to
reellifetv

Here you go, a quick google found this :-

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Pretty easy, get the touchtone controller and the thermostat controller at the below x10 link for $70.

Si Ballenger

Auto answer modem, Linux box, and a relay card?

Ther rest, as they say, is software...Nothing a few weeks with a c compiler won't sort.

If you get a fixed IP address you don't benee teh modem. Set up a web server online at haome and controlk your whole house from patagonia.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I have one of these that I use to remotely rebot a few items and I'm very pleased with it. It will work with a thermostat too.

look at these which I found in about 15 seconds by searching for "phone control thermostat" - remember, Yahoo and google are your friends:
here's one for the UK:
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

Reply to
BruceR

the internet.

Reply to
No Spam

On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 00:41:04 +0000, a particular chimpanzee named The Natural Philosopher randomly hit the keyboard and produced:

Not being familiar with c complier IMBW, but would it not be essential to type in the correct language? You seem to be typing here in a different one to English; "benee teh modem"? Or maybe this is what c complier looks like;-).

Reply to
Hugo Nebula

If the OP is still looking :-

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

c (source,code){ looks(like) && this(); } the (compiler){ is = what(turns * it); into (machine < code); }

Reply to
Rob Morley