how to remove excess Lithofin Stainstop

I've used to protect my kitchen top, a german product, Lithofin Stainstop (what a smell!!! really nasty)but he has left a film on top. How can I remove it?? I phoned in the main office in Germany and they don't have a clue... they told me that I had 20 minutes to remove it, after that it's impossible to remove it...

thanxs for your help

Reply to
keko

Certainly, the instructions are very clear about not allowing it to dry out and to mop up any excess. What does the result look like?

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

I thought I remember seeing something along the lines of "to remove dried excess - apply another coat and remover immediately" - might have been for another product though.

Don't blame me if it doesn't work, but on the web-site there are loads of product .pdf documents with much more info than on the tubs.

Stands to reason that re-aplication of the same product might well "re-disolve" the dried stuff from which the solvent has evaporated from followed by immediate excess removal/ buffing.

Best try a small area first though!!

Reply to
PeTe33

There's surely a "towel on sunbed" joke in there, somewhere!

Reply to
Steve Walker

thanks for the information. I've tried this method but unfortunately I have still a light film residue on top... for that price, I'm not happy with it... I will try to use spririt...

Pet @

;=AC) ha scritto:

Reply to
keko

thanks for your help! there's no joke here: the problem is damned real!!!

Reply to
keko