How to clear a waste-pipe?

The pipe goes under a railway line that is buried in concrete. There seems to be lots of grit and stones in there. I can get fencing wire right along the pipe but water will still not go through. I'll try a waterblaster next but that won't go around the bend. The other end of the pipe is completely unaccessible.

Reply to
Matty F

Where can one buy these 6 storey high garden canes? (I don't have a local branch of Jack's Beanstalk Garden Centres.)

NT

Reply to
NT

Screwfix. For 15m, you'll want one of these:

two of these
you ask around and find a friend or neighbour who's already got a set.

(If you need to actually buy, I think the chemical route would be best)

Reply to
Martin Bonner

For the record, I cleared the drainpipe. I made a large rubber washer to fit the 3" pipe and screwed a hose connection into it. I screwed a long bolt to the washer so that I could hold it in place in the pipe. I attached a hose and someone turned the tap on. After a few minutes, whatever was in the pipe was flushed out.

Reply to
Matty F