How much does a plasterer cost?

I've just had a huge discussion with my sister about how much it will cost to re-skim her ceiling.

How much do people here think?

a) what hourly rate would you expect to pay for a small domestic plastering job?

b) how many hours ought it take to plaster, perhaps, 30 square meters of ceiling. (yes, it is a big room)

tim

Reply to
tim.....

In article , tim..... scribeth thus

Where are you?..

Reply to
tony sayer

Plasterers generally only work in full days, around here its £180 + a day. Is it a small domestic plastering job or a big room?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

If I were doing it, I would need someone with me to mix, sheet up, clean up and generally give me a hand with polishing etc, and I expect it would take best part of one day - certainly no other jobs could be got to or started in the same day. It would require 2 bags of multi-finish, plus a good scrape (if it's artexed) and a dose of PVA.

I charge £140 per day for me and £60 for a labourer, so about £240 sould probably cover it, but I'm in the N of England, expect to pay more the further south you go.

Have a look in the small ads and get a few quotes

Reply to
Phil L

tim..... coughed up some electrons that declared:

In East Sussex/Kent, about 400-450 for a 5.5 x 3.5m room - all walls, skimming only. That's 40 odd m2.

Maybe more because it's a ceiling, maybe less because there's no corners to go around?...

Cheers

Tim

Reply to
Tim S

Yes I did forget to say where it was and you have guessed exactly right :-)

tim

Reply to
tim.....

I wasn't expecting less than a day.

When I got a plasterer in to do my walls he did the whole job all on his own.

It is further south :-(

Well we were going to do this, but you just don't know if someone is TTP because she livesin an upmarket house (which she can't afford!)

tim

Reply to
tim.....

It's one big room. Only about 10% of it needs doing, but the whole room has some pattern finish so will probably be impossible to match.

tim

Reply to
tim.....

I was recently charged £180 for a day's plastering in East london - one guy who did his own mixing and did a fine job. Not a lot of work though but fiddly - skimming some already undercoated walls and undercoat and skim to both sides of a partition.

Maris

Reply to
Maris

That's probably a soft day for a single person. About £120.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

workwise, doing a 30m3 ceiling is similar to doing 75m3 of wall area - about a room and half

no more than £300 max

Reply to
Phil L

i charge =C2=A35 per sqm for walls and =C2=A37 for ceilings inc materials. I would do i= t in a 3 hour hit with a couple of hours prep and tidy up! i dont use a labouror! if the ceil= ing was artex i would consider boarding it first and skimming it! ! prob adnother ! Pro= b an extra =C2=A3180 and an extra days work!

url:

Paul William Middlemiss