How many golf courses in Surrey?

only a mile

Reply to
charles

Too far to send the apprentice to walk it. The bacon rolls'll be cold by the time he gets back.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Very good to hear you'll never come back, then.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Sounds like the old days of BBC outside broadcasts. A scanner from Glasgow would be sent to cover an event in the south, and one from London sent to cover something in Scotland. And they'd wave as they passed one another on the motorway.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

There is one good thing about being old and retired, I will never visit the shithole of the south again.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

Of course. Those who are tired of London are tired of life.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Esso

Eat Sleep Shit Overtime That is about all London people have in their sad lives

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

That might have been true in the time of Dr Johnson.

Reply to
Max Demian

Must have been 8 years since I last worked in that area.

Got digs in Croydon. I spent the night in the same old pub and went to the same old kebab shop.

Reply to
ARW

You can get better odds that he would arrive back with a hot bacon roll than the staff at Greggs passing a hot bacon roll across a 1m work counter.

Reply to
ARW

Did you get a Croydon facelift ?. (Hair pulled back very tightly to removed wrinkles.)

Reply to
Andrew

I have no hair.

Reply to
ARW

I would not call the part of Surrey I worked in a shithole.

Does anyone know if Surrey has a shithole part to it?

I have throughout the years worked in some shitholes.

Langley in Manchester was probably the worst.

Reply to
ARW

Sheerwater, Woking

Reply to
Paul Herber

It is surrounded by 3 golf courses.

Reply to
ARW

It it was nice, they'd build houses on it.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

but the inhabitants of Sheerwater don't use them.

Reply to
charles

Ping TMH!

Reply to