How many golf courses in Surrey?

I have to go to Chipstead on Monday.

This is a turn up and do the job no matter what it takes so I'll probably need digs/sandwich shops/reasonable pub etc.

A look on Google maps suggest that there is nothing apart from golf courses around the place.

I hate golf.

Reply to
ARW

"A good walk spoiled!" as Mark Twain never observed.

Reply to
Chris Hogg

there's a shop called "Fluffy Cupcakes" - but I doubt if that's what you want either.

Reply to
charles

I suppose I could put some HP sauce on it.

Reply to
ARW

Lower Kingswood on the A217 (SW of Chipstead) has some shops, pub. I've never stopped there although been past a billion times.Then again, Coulsdon is closer/bigger so perhaps more joy.

I see what you mean about the golf courses.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Just put the postcode into a Travelodge site - etc.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

There is the White Hart if you don't mind spending £5+ on a bowl of soup

Simply Delicious appears to still be in operation although their website's down
Chipstead Tandoori

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Bloody adventurous you are.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

I don't know the area well enough to suggest anywhere but hope your firm allows "actuals" for overnight expenses when there's no cheap motels etc nearby. But small mercies in that a few minutes away in Coulsdon there's a Waitrose for the little things one may forget; oh, and a TLC counter ;)

Reply to
Robin

Nothing wrong with a Travelodge.

Reply to
ARW

I do mind spending that when I am at work.

Reply to
ARW

Thanks for that. I have a fusebox to CU swap to do next week. I'll pick up the RCBOs whilst I am there. And Waitrose is better than the Londis down the road from the job. And I just spotted DDs cafe.

Reply to
ARW

Yes there seems to be a glut. In fact the one at Chessington has recently closed due to not making enough money, now the developers have their beady eyes on it. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

You must be very good and very cheap. ;-)

Seems odd to me it makes sense to employ someone from miles away for what sounds like a straightforward and relatively quick job.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Probably a contract. Win some, lose some.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

I can't help but wonder if it's the boss being nice to Adam 'cos the boss knows he (Adam) has secretly fallen in love with London and all places within the M25.

Reply to
Robin

Is that a euphemism?

He shouldn't rule it out.

Reply to
R D S

Or, because Adam is the only employee that is prepared to work in this shithole? I have worked there, and it really is a shithole. The place is shit and the people are shit, the whole of the south is a shithole.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

Is that in Chipstead, or Chipstead Road Coulsdon London a long way away?

And is DD the proprietor's name, or a nickname for her large baps?

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

When I worked for Crown, more than 10 years ago, we regularly had contractors from London or elsewhere coming in to work locally, when the local guys were going to do work in London. And when I drove a truck for a dry-lining supplier I once delivered to Plymouth, from Leicester, and another time went to the Excel Centre, when it was being built, with a delivery for one of the contractors there.

Reply to
Peter Johnson