How many 2.5mm T&E into a 13A socket?

Required am I? I'll make the decisions around here, not a committee.

Reply to
Major Scott

FIRE!

Reply to
Major Scott

If it's labelled as x it should do x, or it's mislabelled.

Reply to
Major Scott

That'll be why they're so popular, they do things right.

My care doesn't normally have to perform an emergency stop, but it's nic= e to know it can.

The world is full of skinflints.

-- =

A woman walks into a drugstore and asks the pharmacist if he sells size = extra large condoms. He replies, "Yes we do. Would you like to buy some?" She responds, "No, but do you mind if I wait around here until someone d= oes?

Reply to
Major Scott

You rail at the very thought of a 20A double socket but are blaze about a 0.4s disconnection time. Time to get out the hammer and knock those priorities straight.

Alex

Reply to
Alexander Lamaison

You seem to think it does one simple thing. In fact it takes many hundreds of pages of regs, not to mention other standards, to describe what it does in different situations. How are they supposed to 'label' that?

Alex

Reply to
Alexander Lamaison

But it can work just fine in a circuit with a design current of up to 30A too. I know you should allow for motors starting etc, but if the load is more than

20A for 5 minutes, it should blow.

Paperpushers like to complicate matters, it keeps them in a job.

Reply to
Major Scott

On Tuesday 02 April 2013 23:26 Alexander Lamaison wrote in uk.d-i-y:

You're wasting your fingers... He doesn't understand there are two aspects to fusing.

Reply to
Tim Watts

On Tuesday 02 April 2013 23:39 Major Scott wrote in uk.d-i-y:

Only in your deranged mind.

You are Drivel's mad brother and I claim my £5. At least he was slightly funny.

Reply to
Tim Watts

On Tuesday 02 April 2013 23:39 Major Scott wrote in uk.d-i-y:

OK - go jump off the nearest tower block.

I'm sure you can prove Newton wrong. After all, you decide what happens.

Reply to
Tim Watts

It's not a law of physics I'm breaking.

Reply to
Major Scott

On Tue, 02 Apr 2013 23:55:02 +0100, Tim Watts wro= te:

I prefer to keep heat away from flammable stuff.

-- =

I dialed one of those 900 numbers to get some financial advice. They ad= vised me not to dial 900 numbers.

Reply to
Major Scott

In message , Tim Watts writes

Please do a risk assessment first and erect suitable barriers around the landing zone, taking into account windage on the day. It would be truly irresponsible just to jump and risk landing on some poor innocent passer by.

PS. I witnessed, from about 2m away, someone doing just this, he effectively landed at my feet, it is not pleasant, both the sight and sound of him hitting the concrete will remain with me forever.

PPS I wonder if the OP realised the devil that he was unleashing when he asked his original, simple question?

Reply to
Bill

Even then it's likely to take minutes, if not hours, to blow.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Sounds like the kind of bullshit they come out with nowadays.

You're not one of those people that visits trick cyclists are you?

In this group it is to be expected.

Reply to
Major Scott

In message , Major Scott writes

I am trying very hard to understand the reasoning behind your question, but have not found it.

I am assuming that you mean psychiatrists rather than circus performers.

I did go to a circus last year and very good it was too. The clowns were most amusing.

As for psychiatrists, no, I've never had need to visit one, although I do know one personally and through work at camh.

Not normally to this degree, it has gone from serious discussion to name calling and positively aggressive suggestions, which if said face to face could have ended badly.

Reply to
Bill

"Psychological harm".

I didn't think circuses still existed. Are they similar to what they were 20 years ago?

Oh that always happens in here. Not that I've seen anything remotely aggressive in this thread.

Reply to
Major Scott

ITYM "fall" (Zs and disconnection time will rise). You know that, but bear of small brain might be confused...

Reply to
Andy Wade

Ah ha, no need, just a memory that I would rather not have.

No idea, I've only visited them over the last couple of years.

The suggestion about jumping off a tower block is not exactly a sign of good will.

Any way, one can only take so much exposure to the internet, so I'm off to bed.

Good night.

Reply to
Bill

Wouldn't bother me.

I assume there are less animals due to animal cruelty concerns.

It's only words.

I would be too, but I can't sleep unless I'm very tired, why can't we just sleep like we can breath or cough at will?

Reply to
Major Scott