How likely was this screw missing?

On 22:02 7 Aug 2016, Rod Speed wrote:

Those are my thoughts exactly! :-)

Ask the seller for a spare screw, or just buy one.
--
Three guys go to a ski lodge, and there aren't enough rooms, so they have to share a bed. In the middle of the night, the guy on the right wakes up and says, "I had this wild, vivid dream of getting a hand job!" The guy on the left wakes up, and unbelievably, he's had the same dream, too. Then the guy in the middle wakes up and says, "That's funny, I dreamt I was skiing!"

On 07/08/2016 22:13, James Wilkinson wrote:

This is modern day culture of blaming someone else, Pamela is to blame in this instance. It is normal procedure when asking family to help out that you personally check the components list to ensure all parts are available. In fact it is normal procedure to check any self assemply that all parts have been supplied. As you obviously havent then it is a 50/50 as to him or the manufacturer. :-)

If I demote a job to someone else, I expect them to do the checking.
--
A man goes home early and catches another man in bed with his wife.
He drags the naked man out of the house and into his garden shed.
On 22:13 7 Aug 2016, James Wilkinson wrote:

I'm not short of a screw (as they say) but instead I want to know if my nephew is telling me porkies. :-)

Well I've had loads of parts missing from these things. I always count them before I start.
--
Tip: Don't substitute salt for sugar in recipes.
It tastes like shit.

It probably wasn't missing - those kits are accurately weighed in manufacture as a check against this. Sometimes you might find a part has been erronously substituted so the total weight is the same.
I never fit the nameplate - why would I want to advertise the fan's maker and have it block some (very small) portion of the airflow?
--
Andrew Gabriel
On 08:19 8 Aug 2016, Andrew Gabriel wrote:

There's a little project here which involves measuring the airflow (and also noise level) with and without that name plate disc. I suspect it might perform some useful function.
I daren't suggest it to my nephew in case he gets inspired to try it without the protective mesh guard fitted, leading to the inevitable consequences which he is mysteriously unable to foresee.
On 08-Aug-16 11:17 AM, pamela wrote:

There's no airflow at the centre, which is why they don't have fan blades there - or vv.

The whole story is unbelievable. You got a 16 year old to assemble this item, and: a) it works b) there's only one tiny screw missing c) he read the instructions, so he actually knows there's a screw missing, and d) he finished the job before winter set in.
I don't believe a word of it.
in case he gets inspired to try it

pamela wrote:

If the screw is from the label,just remove the other one