How important is it to earth a exterior halogen floodlight?

I think life is one great big *whoosh* for Dribble.
--
(\_/)
(='.'=)
On Tuesday, October 16, 2012 5:49:31 PM UTC+1, Al Shahadie wrote:

Bad idea, live to earth leakage is quite common on outdoor electrics. Add to the list being presented to a judge if someone has an accident
NT
Al Shahadie wrote:

Is the fitting Class I (earthed) http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=File:Schutzklasse_1.svg
or Class II (double insulated) http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=File:Double_insulation_symbol.svg
If Class I, you MUST earth it - end of, not discussion. I suspect it is Class I if the leaflet indicates 3 core.
Stop being a cheapskate and go and buy the correct cable, otherwise a few years down the line, we will be reading "window cleaner electrocuted by DIY fitted lamp, all DIY electrical work to be outlawed".
--
Tim Watts Personal Blog: http://www.dionic.net/tim /

"She got her looks from her father. He's a plastic surgeon."

It does not need to be RCD or RCBO protected as it is not an external socket or portable appliance, but I would ensure it was.
Doctor Drivel wrote:

OP: Do not take any advise from Drivel ^^
He normally wibbles on about plumbing disasters and how good his imaginary Prius is.
He is however, completely unqualified to talk about anything electrical.
He's our resident loony - we like him, but don't make any life changing decisions based on what he says ;->
--
Tim Watts Personal Blog: http://www.dionic.net/tim /

"It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent
Tim Watts wrote:

This guy is an total know-it-all idiot. Sad but true.
Doctor Drivel wrote:

Whereas this is you:
http://www.internode.co.uk/temp/imm.jpg
--
Tim Watts Personal Blog: http://www.dionic.net/tim /

"She got her looks from her father. He's a plastic surgeon."
Tim Watts wrote:

This proves you are an idiot.
On 17/10/2012 10:58, Doctor Drivel wrote:

I can imagine that looking up from your perspective, Tim must appear god like. However I am sure that he would not claim to know it all, and also rest assured, that with an open mind, and many years of careful study, you too could could begin to approach his level of knowledge. So don't put yourself down...
(unless it includes strong barbiturates that is, in which case, fill your boots)
--
Cheers,

John.

Do not imagine, you are from Essex, they don't do imagine in Essex.
On Wednesday, October 17, 2012 2:19:43 PM UTC+1, John Rumm wrote:

I very much doubt it :)
NT
snipped-for-privacy@care2.com wrote:

Dunno about being smart, because normally I'm pretty dense, but I will challenge Drivel to a competition involving this:
http://www.hotsauceemporium.co.uk/detail.php?prodID &
(Blair's Mega Death pepper sauce)
I'm rather getting into it...
--
Tim Watts Personal Blog: http://www.dionic.net/tim /

"It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent
On 17/10/2012 21:55, Tim Watts wrote:

That looks like fun... especially if it has a nice complex heat pattern ;-)
--
Cheers,

John.

On 18/10/2012 00:23, John Rumm wrote:

But this is getting silly :
http://www.hotsauceemporium.co.uk/detail.php?prodID
--
Cheers,

John.

Taking your Pit-Bull for a walk is fun as well in your Chav mind I suppose.

I don't envy you your morning constitutional. Rings of fire and all that...
--
(\_/)
(='.'=)
Mike Tomlinson wrote:

Oddly you get used to it. The bus effect in the guts ("pass down quickly please") diminishes.
I bought two sauces, this being the other one:
http://www.hotsauceemporium.co.uk/detail.php?prodIDa
(Original Death sauce)
When I started, Original was fairly serious and 2 drops of Mega, well stirred in, melted my face off.
Now, the Original Death bottle is nearly empty and I can virtually drink the stuff - certainly liberally sprinkle as it does have a nice flavour, it's not all about hotness.
Even my 8yr old will take one drop and mix it in.
Granted, you taste less of the food, so it's more of a fun thing - but I use the Mega in larger quantities if I am cold or have a cold - bollocks to ReadyBrek, this stuff actually makes you glow. Also seems to help a headache - probably by redistributing bloodflow I guess?
Just to put this in perspective:
On the Scoville scale:
Pure capsaicin = 16,000,000 by definition The Source = 7,500,000 Mega Death = 550,000 Original Death = 30,000
and the hottest I jave seen in regular supermarkets:
TABASCO brand Habanero Pepper Sauce = a woofty 7,000 FRANK'S REDHOT® XTRA Hot = a positively girly 2,000
Believe it of not, you can go above 16 million - by switching to another molecule instead of capsaicin that excites (burns off?) the same receptors.
--
Tim Watts Personal Blog: http://www.dionic.net/tim /

I have a bottle of Dave's Insanity Sauce which I brought back from Florida. A couple of drops of that gets stirred into anything I want to spice up. Scoville scale of 180k according to
http://www.chilliworld.com/factfile/scoville_scale.asp
which I suppose classifies it as semi-woofty :-)
--
(\_/)
(='.'=)
Mike Tomlinson wrote:

How do you find the flavour? I was thinking of trying that next :)

Not at all :->
--
Tim Watts Personal Blog: http://www.dionic.net/tim /

"It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent
Not really compared it to anything else, but very much enjoyed a couple drops smeared on a steak that went on the barbecue during the 2.5 days of summer we had this year.
--
(\_/)
(='.'=)