How do I?

Hi I am tiling my kitchen and I bought a brass edging strip for the top and external corners. How can I get a perfect corner between the vertical and horizontal edge? I presume I need to cut a mitre??? but how do I get a perfect 45 degree cut with a junior hacksaw? Or do I just hide it with grout?

Thanks Jackie

Reply to
Jackie

Most tile shops sell thinner mitre boxes for just this purpose - then you CAN use a junior hacksaw quite successfully.

Reply to
NATSMAN

Take a sheet of A4 paper and fold up one of the short edges until it fits perfectly along one of the long edge and the corner between them comes to a perfect point. Now you should be able to draw around it, or use it to mark the points, and then use it to mark off a forty five degree angle on to a board.

Once you've marked out the angle, you can put small nails along the lines, a couple on the long edge will do, to put the edging strip against and then use the angle line as a template for the saw blade to cut along.

Or grab one of these:

make your life easier. :-))

Reply to
BigWallop