Household water feeds.

Which is not what the OP later said, 1980s.

Reply to
polygonum

Try looking ion the airing cupboard (if you have one). My low pressure shutoff valves are in the airing cupboard by the HW tank. One for the Hot water and one for the cold.

Reply to
news

As pointed out in the very first response you don't need to. Just turn off the stopcock and run the other (non-kitchen-sink) taps and flush the toilet concerned until they run dry. The cistern in the loft won't refill as long as the stopcock is turned off.

Reply to
Lobster

Yes, mine is like that. There are two in my loft, one for the bathroom cold from the tank and one for the feed to the cylinder where the emersion heater lives. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Then spend the rest of the day sorting out the air locks.. grin. Lets hope he is not on a water meter. However, I think he would be surprised at the crap inside the loft tank when he empties it, Years of dead spiders. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

One other comment. If this a fairly old house with hardly any usage of these taps, be very careful that when turned back on, they do not leak from the spindle. It may only be a tiny drip, but I had a whole corner of a bedroom ceiling come down due to this issue after about 6 months of the leak. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Very unusual. But we don'y know if it is so yet.

Reply to
harryagain