house layout vs. return on investment ??

I used to have one of these houses, we sold when the first kid came along, and we struggled to sell it to families, a single guy got it in the end .........

Sorting out the access problem is a great idea .........

Rick

Reply to
Rick Dipper

My neighbours crammed 3 children in theirs !

They kept the stairs and hall wall in the original position, split the front bedroom, put a Velux in the new room with no window and put a corridor around the back bedroom - not sure who had which room - the two boys, the girl, or mum and dad - all crammed into three tiny bedrooms.....

Reply to
brugnospamsia

One solution is to make the 2nd bedroom long and thin, ie the current bacthroom, and the back of the existing bedroom, making the bathroom the front of the existing bedroom.

Rick

Reply to
Rick Dipper

You shouldn`t need to do it more than monthly if you lock the system down sufficiently in other ways (firewall, virus checker updated daily, different web browser - and if poss, a different email program !)

If its of any use to anyone, i`ve got setup instructions in as near to plain english as I could manage for Spybot S&D here:

link to the other files mentioned too btw ;-)

Reply to
Colin Wilson