Hotpoint/Indesit dishwasher spares - any realistic prices?

A friend ordered a replacement cutlery basket, and later, some wheels for his Hoptpoint dishwasher. The basket was bad enough for £20 (ish, I forget now, but it was silly prices!). But the wheels were....wait for it...£40 for a set of plastic wheels for the top and bottom basket. PLUS - £5 for "special packaging and handling" (a bubble envelope arrived with an 88p frank on it).

Rightly, they wrote and questioned the prices - basically, it seems like the excuse is that everything is about £40 and postage is always about £5 ("representing exceptional value blah blah insert standard paragraph here")

SO....not wanting to get caught out like this when it comes to repairing MY appliances, is there a good "factor" of replacement "grey market", similar, or even genuine parts, that are priced a little more realistically?

Reply to
Jonathan

I was quoted similar prices by Hotpoint so looked elsewhere. Went with mselectrical.co.uk - 14.99 for cutlery basket & 2.99 for wheel, goods delivered next day.

Reply to
AC

Try CPC.co.uk. (aka Farnell)

I oredered some bits for a Hotpoint washing machine yesterday. Ordered at 11:10 for Standard delivery (2 - 5 days). Arrived today at 2:45 p.m.. About half the price of my local 'Domestic Appliance Spares and Repairs' shop. It all looks to be good quality.

Dunno if they do dishwasher bits.

Reply to
Aidan

They do.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Wow - never thought of cpc, even though I knew of them.

Well, thanks for those top tips - duly bookmarked and noted!

Reply to
Jonathan

They list only a few parts online and in the catalogue - so if the part you want isn't there, ring up and ask.

Reply to
Bob Eager