Hot water overflow - Sealed boiler system?

Help. Boiler is making a funny noise and hot water seems to be leaking out of some sort of overflow.

Its a sealed system I think - one big boiler and two small bits.

Also, any hot water is not kept hot for long. Is it leaking away?

Is the pressure too high or something? I can see a clock display but thats only just under 1 bar.

Any ideas?

Reply to
paulfoel

If this pressure display that you say is just under 1 bar is dropping, you are then topping it up, and then it is dropping again when the water is over flowing, then there are three reasons for this...

1 - the pressure release valve, that will dump water out the overflow if the pressure gets to high, is leaking 2 - The expansion vessel in the boiler, that provides an air bugger to the sealed system needs topping up with air 3 - The expansion vessel has failed, and needs replacing.

Are you having to top the system up?

Toby...

Reply to
Toby

No. havent topped it up yet. How do u top up the expansion vessel?

Reply to
paulfoel

Do you have an unvented cylinder?

Reply to
David

I think its unvented.

Reply to
paulfoel

I meant have you topped up the water, not the expansion vessel - if the pressure on the boiler is not going down, then what I have suggested above is probably not the issue.

Where is the water overflowing from, a pipe that exits the actual boiler, or somewhere else?

You need to post as much information as possible, "one big boiler and two small bits" doesn't really help - you have it in front of you, we don't - can you take a picture of the "two small bits" and put it up on somewhere like

more detail you can provide will help other people help you.

Toby...

Toby...

Reply to
Toby