Hot water cylinder leak

Seem to be finding leaks everywhere today.

This one is near the top of a hot water cylinder. Just a trickle, but it might have been there a while as there's all sorts of encrusted gunge around it. (Perhaps the results of an earlier fix.)

What's the best short-term fix? The cylinder will probably be replaced in the next couple of months, but it's leaking now, and starting to cause a problem on the ceiling below!

I don't mind if it's a bodge, and I can probably part-drain the cylinder if necessary. Plumbers Mait? But I can't see how that can stay in place.

Reply to
BartC

Plumbers epoxy putty, carried by Screwfix and others. Sticks happily to damp surfaces, will even seal and set against pinhole / tiny crack at modest pressure (assuming this isn't a mains pressure cylinder). Stick of stuff about 20 mm dia 100 mm long, cut off a suitable length, knead it with fingers, stick in place. Every plumbing toolbox should have one!

Reply to
Newshound

I'd go with epoxy. Clean the surface thoroughly before applying. If you have a bit of glass fibre, it would help.

NT

Reply to
NT

Pretty sure I've seen something like that in the 99p Store or Poundland.

Reply to
Adrian C

Get a combi and get rid of this space consuming nonsense. Try an Intergas or Atmos... 2nd an Avantaplus or an ATAG if you have money.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel