Homeserve - Good or Bad?

According to Homecare it is.

That's British Gas.

It is according to Homecare. Homecare is designed with that in mind. The fact that it didn't work in my neighbour's case - until they got the local busybody (me) on the job doesn't count, it's supposed to work like that and it might well do in other parts of the country.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

On Tue, 17 Apr 2007 14:11:25 +0100, a particular chimpanzee, "Mary Fisher" randomly hit the keyboard and produced:

Eh?! Am I missing something here? The Homeserve I'm talking about are the ones who arrange cover through third parties; in this case Ideal/Caradon. Is there another one, and is it free to pensioners?

Reply to
Hugo Nebula

My neighbour had a complete central heating system installed, free. She is on some benefit which made her eligible. It's funded by 'The Government', i.e. us.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

On Tue, 17 Apr 2007 20:51:07 +0100, a particular chimpanzee, "Mary Fisher" randomly hit the keyboard and produced:

My father foolishly had a small pension from the docks, and invested his redundancy payout rather than spending it. As a result my mother just falls over the limit for claiming most means tested benefits.

Reply to
Hugo Nebula

On Sun, 15 Apr 2007 20:17:10 +0100, a particular chimpanzee, "Mary Fisher" randomly hit the keyboard and produced:

That's a joke, right? Three hours with her on a Saturday is the equivalent of an out-of-body experience.

Reply to
Hugo Nebula

Woah Neddy !

Homeserve are a multinational PLC who didn't get where they are today by fitting boilers & complete heating systems FOC.

"From head office in Walsall to Homeserve USA, we employ more than

4000 staff worldwide, and we're growing fast:

Homeserve plc Cable Drive Walsall WS2 7BN"

Can you just clarify for us, please, how Homeserve (who are a company which offers very limited insurance against domestic heating and plumbing breakdowns) came to be obliged to supply your neighbour with a free central heating system ?

DG

Reply to
Derek Geldard

Same here. but we have everything we need and don't want more than we need so we don't mind. We don't want to be grateful to this government for anything.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher