Homecheck.co.uk

Hi All!

I've seen mention of Homecheck.co.uk a few times in the group, and used it once in the past; I'm keen to use it again, since I want to mark out areas to avoid (flood/subsidence) in my current new house search in SE10. However - the site's been down for two weeks now, with no signs of when it'll be up.

Does anyone know whether they've withdrawn the service? It seems suspiciously like it, since they're diverting people to their professional service instead. Not that I'd mind, for =A330, but it's only for a specific address, not an area... kinda expensive to run for each house we may be interested in :-(

Damian

Reply to
damoskeet-goog

The Environment Agency has flood maps on its web site.

Reply to
Rob Morley

Thanks... I'd checked the EA site, but had problems because the 'Check your Postcode/Location' query doesn't accept any postcodes, or my location (this time round I tried a number of searches, and it eventually recognised "London"(!)).

That's the floods covered; Homecheck also checks Subsidence, Ground Pollution, etc, so it would be very nice to have, but looks like it's still down (and no reply from their support department yet).

Thanks again,

Damian

Reply to
damoskeet-goog

I typed in SE10 and it came up with 600 results, each one leading to a little map and many of these having lots of blue bits.

Reply to
Rob Morley

Yep, it's working now; it wasn't before!

FI, I've also mailed Homecheck.co.uk's parent site; they've replied that their site should be back up by the end of the month.

Cheers,

Damian

Reply to
damoskeet-goog