Home security

For the third time last night, we had an uninvited 'guest' deflate all 4 tyres on one of our cars.

Can anyone recommend a surveillance system I could install myself? There's a bewildering choice on the market

Thanks

Reply to
DIYer

Why do you want to watch someone deflating the tyres on your cars?

Reply to
tinnews

In message , DIYer writes

A friend had problems with an ex paying her back garden visits at night and doing petty damage, one of these on the gate certainly alerted her and the neighbours to the intruder.

Failing that obviously CCTV, numerous systems out there, just make sure the definition is good and that you have good lighting, do you want to deter or collect evidence after the event?

Reply to
Bill

Or just one of those irritating 500 watt floodlights with a suitably positioned PIR?

There are also battery operated PIR triggered wireless alarms which you could position either to alert you, or the intruder. Then you lean out of the window with a suitable camera.

Reply to
Newshound

I was once in a bar in Detroit, Michigan at lunchtime, and the bar owner was showing off his new CCTV system. One customer suddenly shouted at the screen as he watched his car being driven away. Well, the CCTV worked.

Reply to
Davey

A Rottweiler would do the trick. ;-)

I'm not convinced that CCTV is a good deterrent.

Reply to
Mark

ITYM a 12 bore.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

So are geese, and they taste nicer come Christmas.

Owain

Reply to
Owain