Home Building and Renovating show at Wembley 12-14th Sept

Has anybody been to this before? Is it worth a visit? Got free tickets out of a magazine.

Suzanne "A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."

Reply to
SC

David Snell? What is he on about?

Reply to
IMM

Homebuilding and Renovating. Can't remember the issue and as I've just had my tea, I'm too lazy to get off the sofa to find out, but it has a picture of a traditional stone house on the front, with blue sky above.

Suz

Reply to
SC

David Snell seems to do a couple of seminars at practically every H&R show I've seen advertised. There may well be other people worth seeing, but since they're less regular I can't say.

David is the (co) author of such as the "red book" and the "blue book" (at least that's what we call them) otherwise known as "Building Your Own Home" (Murray Armour, but DS is now in charge) and "The Home Plans Book" (likewise). If you are starting down the self-build route then he has a wealth of knowledge to impart, particularly about finding plots and getting planning. He writes regularly in H&R, and sometimes in the other magazines I think.

Just thought - if Mark Brinkley is speaking, that's another definite visit. He's the author of the "orange book" ("The Housebuilder's Bible"). He often has a stand at the shows too, selling the book and several other items of interest.

Hwyl!

M.

Reply to
Martin Angove

I went to one of these in Peterborough and it was pretty poor. Very few exhibitors. Lots of underfloor heating companies. It was mostly aimed at new builds rather than renovations. I got free tickets as well and it still wasn't worth it...

Steve

Reply to
Steve Shep

The one at the NEC is good. Well lots of stalls and people.

Reply to
IMM