Hob Knobs ....Poss OT

I cleaned my Indesit s/steel hob yesterday and it took me ages ,including removing a couple of jets to clear water out of them . I ended up covering the central area with tinfoil to avoid having to clean it again . The knobs on the hob have lost their shine so I was loking for replacements and was shocked to see the price of them ..Nearly £12 for 1 ...I shouldn't have been surprised as I previously priced an oven handle as the silver coating had started to lift and it was £54 .I have been Googling for cheaper sources of knobs but can't find anything but similar prices ..There must be somewhere that sells them cheaper .I'm certainly not paying nearly £50 for 4 knobs .

Anyone know anywhere I can get them?

Reply to
Usenet Nutter

Try

D H M Spares Ltd Tel: 01322 669447

42 Main Road, Hextable, Swanley, BR8 7RA

I was going to say I like the chocolate covered hobnobs but find they disolve too easily in a brew.

Reply to
mogga

I think they might melt when you boil a pan of spuds too..lol

Reply to
Usenet Nutter

In article , mogga writes

The elusive plain chocolate ones? Yum & def too good for dunkin.

Not bad with a slice of mature cheddar on top of the choccy side too.

Reply to
fred

You got to be so quick ... maybe I dn't have the relexes required for dunking anymore. Old age... :(

I'm trying to imagine that...

Reply to
mogga

Treat yourself ;-)

It's got to be the plain ones though.

Reply to
fred

Next time I end up down the biscuit aisle I'll treat myself to a packet. Any particular mature cheese?

Reply to
mogga

So am I, but I think it would work if the cheese wasn't too thick :-)

Dave

Reply to
Dave

I only buy the mature stuff (cheddar) but it needn't be anything special, it's the contrast between the sweet and savoury that I like.

I don't think it would work with blue cheeses, although I do like those on their own.

Reply to
fred

Think of the fun experimenting ;-)

3mm?
Reply to
fred

Cheese on Bourbons isn't bad either.

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker

I just knew it was a mistake to call this thread what I did .!!! :-)

Reply to
Usenet Nutter

;-(

I like making crumpets savoury with cheese on the top, maybe some mixed herbs or tomato ketchup.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Take your existing knobs down to your local motorcycle chromium- plating place?

Owain

Reply to
Owain

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Usenet Nutter saying something like:

They might be a standard shaft size and available from RS Components, CPC/Farnell, etc, if you're prepared to replace them as a matching set.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

They are plastic ?

Reply to
Usenet Nutter

It is possible to chromium plate plastic using an intermediate electrically-conductive layer such as nickel or copper then nickel.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

In message , fred writes

Cheese and pickle on digestives - hobnobs are too sweet

Reply to
geoff

Costco have some lovely cave aged cheddar at the moment, excellent flavour and nice smooth texture. Probably available elsewhere as well.

Reply to
Clint Sharp