Hob Knobs ....Poss OT

In message , geoff writes

Oh no, it just means you can have a much sharper/more flavourful cheese to offset the sweetness.

Reply to
Clint Sharp

Anything here?

mick

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Grimly Curmudgeon saying something like:

You could rub down the originals and spray them with an aerosol chrome. Not 100% chrome-like, but sometimes very good. I recommend a finish called 'Steel Wheels' which was available in car accessory shops, and doubtless has a current equivalent.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Thx for all the suggestions incl Steel Wheels ..I recall using that on my car wheels years ago.....I thought I had won a watch at a site called Europart who have dozens of cooker knobs but don't sell to the public except through shops ( those wee cards up on the walls with all sorts of things in) .Last night I took one of the knobs,degreased it a then gave it a going over with Duraglit and then T-Cut and that helped to get some shine back and I finished it with a burnishing of Baby Oil so we will see how that does . I was going to try fine wet 'n dry first but didn't have any left.

Reply to
Usenet Nutter

In article , Usenet Nutter writes

Sorry for the hijack

Reply to
fred

In article , Dave Plowman (News) writes

No, just unconventional.

I thought you sound guys were edgy and willing to try anything

Reply to
fred

In message , fred writes

Never heard of those, are they anything like a KitKat ?

Reply to
geoff

Only if it involves an angle grinder.

Reply to