hinge

Previous question answered very quickly and helpfully so here's another

Where can I buy REALLY SUBSTANTIAL door hinges? I've got 4 seven foot by two foot heavy doors that are going to be hung as a double hinged pair so all the weight of two doors will have to be supported from one end.

Also I'd like the doors to fold right back against the wall and I think I'll need a gated hinge to do that.

like so:

Doors shut

wall doors doors wall

________ _________ ________|---------------|_________

Doors opening

wall doors doors wall

/\ /\ ________ / \ / \ _________ ________|/ \ / \|_________

Doors open - Actually I'd like them to fold backfurther but am limited by ascii art

wall doors doors wall

\\ // \\ // _______\\ //________ ________| |_________

thanks again

Nick

Reply to
Nick Brooks

Look for Parliament hinges. I think 1½ pairs of 102mm on each door would probably do it OK. I think the screws into the frame will be the weak point, especially the ones for the top hinge.

Reply to
Peter Taylor

Hello Nick

Agricultural Merchants. (Must get that on a macro)

If that's too ugly, wrought ironwork from your local ironmonger is the best bet. Made to order if you're particularly fussy.

Forget the DIY sheds for heavy stuff.

Reply to
Simon Avery

If only Mole Valley did Screwfix style next day mail order...

Reply to
Grunff

"Grunff" wrote | If only Mole Valley did Screwfix style next day mail order...

For a minute I thought you were talking about some offshoot of Sun Valley and got a very bizarre image!

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Hello Grunff

Ah, no - half the fun's wandering around the place. :)

Reply to
Simon Avery

You can get anything you want At an Agricultural Merchant (except food)

Reply to
Nick Finnigan

You've not been to Mole Valley Farmers, then.

Will

Reply to
Will Dean

Hello Nick

MVF stock sandwiches, milk, soft drinks (by the 24 tin tray) and chocolate!

I also get all my sausages, cheese and bacon there, all locally produced and better than supermarket stuff! [1]

I'm also an avid follower of MVF Fashion, buying 90% of my clothes there. :)

Reply to
Simon Avery

You too eh?

Reply to