High pitched tone from PC box

Expensive! Mine came from the usual route (mil-surpus from Anchor)

You can improvise though. The screwdriver in the ear is effective, if inconvenient in layout. You can make all sorts of lashups with two tincans and a length of string, then work up from there.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

I really don't want the possibility of the handle whacking me in the ear when working on cars. My cheap medical stethoscope works fine for finding car noises.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

A non-conductive length of plastic knitting needle (obtained for 20p from GoodCausesRUs on your local high street) glued to the bottom of a yoghurt pot might be more comfortable to use, particularly for Mr Plowman who apparently, and understandably, doesn't want to enlarge his ear canal to the diameter of a screwdriver handle.

Owain

Reply to
Owain