Help with simple circuit

Help please. Hopefully the diagram is self explanatory. I think I currently have the wiring correct to work off 1 microswitch. But how do I wire in the other microswitch so that either one will operate and sound the buzzer. Both should become live when the switch is turned on. What additional wires do I put where? I have numbered the terminals.

ss

You want the two switches in parallel, so in effect, wire 1 and 9 together and 2 and 10 together

Reply to
OG

And at the risk of stating the bleeding obvious, you want to be using the common and the normally open (NO) contacts of the microswitch, and ignoring the normally closed (NC). It doesn't matter which way "round" each switch is.

Reply to
newshound

For me with electrics nothing is bleeding obvious :-) I prefer mechanical stuff where I can see what is going on, electrics are black magic.

So thanks for your help and explanations all should be ok now once I get the parts delivered.

Reply to
ss

The habit of raiding scrap is good. Why pay?

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Yes, not wanting to be rude, but it should be pretty obvious how to do this. It was taught at my lowly sec mod school in the 60s.

I'd be interested to know what sort of buzzer is needed though, if its just a simple sounder, then no real problems assuming fully enclosed switches, but cheap switches, if not used for a while have been known to have enough resistance when running sounders that take little current, to not make very good contact. If its a high current old fashioned mechanical buzzer, then this problem should not occur, but one would need to make sure the voltage drop on the wiring is not too great r some buzzers won't work well. The thicker the wire the better if its low voltage as I assume from the previous thread.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Just think of the battery as a pump, the electricity as water, the wires as pipes, the switches as valves and the output device (buzzer in this case) as something doing work using the power of the water going around the loop ;)

Reply to
Toby