Help with google-fu - wheelchair commode

Apologies for being so lazy, but I've come down with covid and have f*ck all energy.

Do the good posters here know of something that can fit on an existing wheelchair (replacing the cushion) allowing it to be used as a commode.

I am imagining a plastic box that rests on the seat.

Obviously googling "commodes for wheelchairs" is useless.

(Tomorrows post will be on how Amazon is getting worse ...)

Reply to
Jethro_uk

Can find wheelchairs that come made that way, but after scrolling for miles through a "care products" website nothing that takes a wheelchair and adapts it for a commode/potty, maybe some that could be diy-ed.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Have you looked at bedpans?

Reply to
Colin Bignell

They probably don't exist due to the awkwardness of getting the user's toiletting outlets adequately and discretely in place whilst sitting in the chair. Then there is the cleanup operation afterwards.

Reply to
Richard

Alexa seems to have been infected by a random answers virus. You ask it one question and you get an answer for something totally different and not always the same different one.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

I hardly ever get that. Maybe the problem is your lisp.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Thanks for the replies guys.

Sorry for delay in replying. Covid hit me like a f****ng freight train. Even now it's day 7 testing +ve. But (touch wood) I'm 95% back to rights.

Hopefully the commode fix is a temporary fix (like the air mattress and hospital bed in the lounge), and a toilet seat riser and physio will see SWMBO able to be a bit more independent.

I see there's a(nother) treatment for MS on the horizon....

Reply to
Jethro_uk