Bidet out-commode in; commode out-shower in?

I plan to renovate and would like to place the new commode where the bidet was,the new shower where the commode wasnd enlrge a closet to acquire the old shower footprint.Do the different types of discharge male ALL impossible? some impossible?

Reply to
Henry B.

You had to learn your ABC's at the Art James School of Intellectual Fine Tuning.

Reply to
Jagoff Jameson

Bad news. The Bidet has its drain located too far from the wall, the drain is (likely) too small, and there is a trap below the floor.

PDF file of a typical install:

It *might* be possible to adapt the shower stall to the Bidet location but you'd have to check the drain loaction carefully.

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim

It all depends how your place is plumbed and framed. Could be almost trivial, could mean major construction. Position of waste and vent stacks, position of feed lines, direction of joists in floor, what access is available, etc, etc. We can't see your place from here. You need a qualifed contractor/plumber to poke around and tell you what would be easy or hard in your particular situation. You can do anything if you throw enough money at it, but they may be able to suggest pleasing and cost-effective alternatives you haven't thought of. (Yes, I'd rather have a linen closet than a biddy, too.)

aem sends....

Reply to
ameijers