Help with Dyson DC03

Can anyone help with step by step instructions on how to get at the motor. Mine has suddenly started arcing. Thanks in anticipation.

Reply to
bert

there's a lot of videos online as to how to do that.

Alternatively if anywhere near Suffolk, take it to Vacs'r'us and get it sorted.

I've stripped ours down to motor level - it requires torx drivers and you access by removing the brush stuff, then the clutch stuff and working from the bottom..

Its not trivial, but its not hard.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Vic

Thanks

Reply to
bert

I have a set of torx drivers

Thanks. Will give it a go.

Reply to
bert

Contact Dyson Service:

Fixed fee of £79.00 inc VAT parts(*) and labour, done at your home or place of work.

Motor, as a spare, is £42.05, how much of your time does £36.95 buy?

Parts and labour get a 12 month gurantee.

(*) Not filters or accesories.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Yes I've used their service previously but I thought I'd have a go myself t his time. However they won't sell a motor on line and I've been side-tracked today - the convection fan on the oven has decided to seize when it gets hot. This follows on from the washing machine motor brushes needing to be replaced last week and two of the 5 spring steel straps on the rollup garage door have now snapped. It never rains......

Reply to
bert

If it's still the same as when my other half used to work there, the ones sent back to the factory are pretty well rebuilt before return - so with the guarantee it's as good as a new machine.

Reply to
Bob Henson