Help identifying pipe fittings

I want to use a stainless steel heat exchanger (intended for a Vaillant boiler) as a pre-heater as part of converting a diesel vehicle to svo (straight vegetable oil).

So I need hose tails to couple between the threaded flanges on the heat-exch and the fuel and coolant hoses on the vehicle.

I've been through my box of plumbing bits, and found the following matches:

2 (male) threads on the heat-exch match the nut used on 15mm compression fittings 2 (male) threads on the heat-exch match washing machine hose couplings

Now I need to look these up in a catalogue to buy hose tails - what are these 2 sizes called please?

Reply to
dom

On Sat, 04 Aug 2007 11:51:25 -0000, " snipped-for-privacy@gglz.com" mused:

1/2" and 3/4" BSP.
Reply to
Lurch

Cool - thanks!

I kind of vaguely recalled they were - but doubted myself.

Are they defined by the OD size of the pipe they're usually used with

- as 1/2" and 3/4" doesn't seem to relate to any dimension on the threads themselves?

Reply to
dom

Defined by the inside diameter of the pipe they were traditionally used with IIRC.

Reply to
John Rumm

The message from John Rumm contains these words:

I think that was thick walled iron pipe.

1/2" and 3/4" BSP both have 1.814mm pitch (14 threads per inch) and major diameters of 20.445mm and 26.441mm respectively.
Reply to
Roger