Boiler fault question

Hi,

I have an Ariston Microgenus 27 combi boiler. For a while it's had the annoying intermitent fault of shutting down from time to time, meaning a little red "error" light comes on and you have to press a "reset" button to get everything going again.

I had it serviced last week and the engineer cleaned out various bits and pieces (the flow switch in particular). He said he thought that would cure it, but said if it didn't then it was probably an electronic fault and would need the PCB replaced. Today it just cut out again with the same fault! A new PCB costs =A3114 plus VAT. I'm inclined to replace it myself: it doesn't look like a particularly difficult job, and I don't want to pay a =A375 call out fee. But before I fork out does this sound like a plausible remedy?

Cheers!

Martin

Reply to
Martin Pentreath

I have an Ariston Microgenus 27 combi boiler. For a while it's had the annoying intermitent fault of shutting down from time to time, meaning a little red "error" light comes on and you have to press a "reset" button to get everything going again.

I had it serviced last week and the engineer cleaned out various bits and pieces (the flow switch in particular). He said he thought that would cure it, but said if it didn't then it was probably an electronic fault and would need the PCB replaced. Today it just cut out again with the same fault! A new PCB costs £114 plus VAT. I'm inclined to replace it myself: it doesn't look like a particularly difficult job, and I don't want to pay a £75 call out fee. But before I fork out does this sound like a plausible remedy?

Cheers!

Martin

Try this company

for a replacement - I haven't looked for your specific board, but was able to replace my Potterton PCB for less than half the price of a new board. No connection other than as a satisfied customer.

Peter

Reply to
Peter Andrews