Help cany turn tap off

I just turned on the tap for the shower and cant get it to turn off (turned off at the mains for now) Its a mira 723 about 16 years old and run of the central heating system. What to do? how to sort?

thanks

I also have an elderly Mira that sometimes jams when I try to turn it off. If it's like mine then first try adjusting the inner knob (temperature) backwards and forwards a few times as that sometimes loosens things up. Then do the same with the outer on/off control - gently rocking it back and forward - and see if that frees it. Mine usually shuts off a bit at a time, and works fine for months then. Getting rough with it will likely break the centre out of the plastic knob, which you don't want to happen. My guess is that the problem is due to limescale build-up on the spindle - was on mine. Mira used to offer a very good spares service, and good advice over the phone too - try here for details, and good luck!

pidgeonpost