Heavy duty cable clips?

I have an armoured cable running down the surface of wall from a secondary consumer unit . Cable is about 14mm-15mm diameter. At the moment it is not fixed and I want to fix it straight and vertical What clips/fixing brackets are available? I have in mind a screw/wallplug type thing. The wall is hard render on hard brick and I don't think the nail in sort would be any good.

mark

Reply to
mark

On Friday 12 July 2013 12:03 mark wrote in uk.d-i-y:

Armoured cable (SWA) cleats:

These will have less chance of buggering the cable than trying to bang nailed clips in.

HTH

Tim

Reply to
Tim Watts

They look like the solution. Are they screw fixed?

Thanks mark

Reply to
mark

Wouldn't ordinary 15 mm pipe clips do the job in that case?

Reply to
newshound

Screw or nail depending on what you are fixing to.

I have also found that with the SWA P clips (i.e. the ones that look like normal cable clips on steroids), you ca drill a 5mm hole, slap in a yellow plug, and then drive the nail into that when fixing to hard masonry.

Reply to
John Rumm

On Friday 12 July 2013 13:18 mark wrote in uk.d-i-y:

direct.co.uk/Main_Index/Cable_Accessories_Index/Cable_Clips_for_SWA/index.html

Yes.

Reply to
Tim Watts

mark used his keyboard to write :

You can buy a black plastic clip like a thick C, which takes a long woodscrew.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

If you mean the white ones then they hold the pipe/cable away from the wall.

mark

Reply to
mark

I've also seen 'saddle' ones.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I suspect that the saddles are for conduit. However, they could do the job.

Straight and vertical - some people are sooooo picky:-)

Reply to
ARW

Could be. They were used here by the LEB when they moved the meter from the cellar to the top of the stairs, before I bought his house. So at least 40 years ago. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I use Tie Plugs with tiewraps

yendor

I like the look of them, hadn't come across them before. More convenient if you might have to release or move cables temporarily in the future, or add another cable.

Reply to
newshound

Even more convenient if they were not discontinued - at least by TLC. :-)

Reply to
polygonum

I think they're a bit light for armour but I've used them for a bundle of sat coax, toolstation do them too:

I found them tricky to use, even with the hole drilled only a tad smaller than the fins they were difficult to fit, too tight to push in so needed a good tap with a hammer with a good chance of damaging the outer moulding. Ended up putting a big screwdriver through the cable tie slot and hitting the screwdriver. I don't know if that's a flaw inherent to all or whether it's just more cheap crap from TS. Next time I'll use plugs and screw mount cable tie bases.

Reply to
fred