heating from cooking oil

The carcinogens multiply every time it is used.

Reply to
Bruce

Good question. I would have hoped the answer would be here:

But I can't find it. Does acrylamide accumulate in the oil or does it (largely) stay on the food cooked therein?

Reply to
Rod

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Bruce saying something like:

The burnt crispy bits are the best part, damnit.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

It would be more environmentally friendly to use it in a diesel generator; the national grid eficiency is something like 35 - 40% due to transmission & cooling tower losses, so locally generated electricity would displace more fossil fuel. The heat rejected to the radiator could be used for space or DHWS heating.

It would be most effective to use it in a diesel vehicle, because then you'd avoid paying the gobment fuel excise duty. They don't want to tell you that though.

The diesel engine technology is established, the oil boiler technology is less so.

Reply to
Onetap

Annoying, isn't it?

The more I hear about how bad well done bacon is for me, the more well done bacon I want to eat.

That's done it. Bacon sandwich tomorrow morning! ;-)

Reply to
Bruce