Health and softy for dishwashers

You have a posh dishwasher where you have to take the trouble to put each piece of cutlery in individually. I'm glad mine doesn't. I just put a handful of 10 of any cutlery item into each section of the basket.
--
Some "chinese english" instructions for an automatic light switch, needless to say I did not attempt to follow them during the installation....

The surface design is facility, comely but not losing generosity, it will not have accidented feeling after installation.

Posh? It's a Beko. :-)
We did try without the (removable) tops of the cutlery basket but it didn't wash so well then so we've put them back.
--
Chris Green
·

Mine is a Beko too, 1-2 years old. It's got the same basket I've seen in everybody's dishwasher - about a foot long and 6 inches wide divided into 8 compartments. You shove about 10 bits of cutlery into each. Do you really have to place every individual piece of cutlery in one by one? You'd be quicker washing them by hand!

Odd, I've found cutlery is always clean (sharp end up), if anything is ever left dirty it's bowls with dried on food. But if I set it to the hottest wash and use 2 dishwasher tablets, and the maximum setting for rinse aid, it's rare anything comes out dirty. And quite often it's only used every 4 days, so everything is well dried on.
--
When they found out their wives were attending a sex-toy party,
the husbands refused to go and pick them up,

Yes, but it's very quick to do (even when I do it).

Not if you include filling the bowl with water, washing, rinsing and drying. ;-)
However, having all the 'working ends' completely exposed and held apart guarantees a much better wash than potentially having them all bunched together.
<snip>
Cheers, T i m

Placing single items takes 10 times longer than placing groups of 10.

I never did dry. Isn't that what the draining basket on the draining board was for?

Agreed, which is why I was surprised anyone did any different.
--
A can of diet coke floats in water, but a can of regular coke sinks.

Did you miss the 'but' in my comment above? I wasn't saying it was quicker than just chucking them in willy-nilly, I just said (in comparison with the general time it take to load and unload a dishwasher) it's still pretty quick.

Apparently. ;-)

If you only have the bunchy basket thing than I'm guessing you don't really have the choice.
Cheers, T i m

I wouldn't call having to do 10 times as many things "very quick".

Were you told you must dry?

Surely if I had the little holes I'd have to do it business end up. You can't get the business end through the holes.
--
Why do the Scots wear kilts?
Sheep can hear a zipper at 500 yds....

Like I said, it's got to be taken in context. It wasn't a measurement of time per-se, it was the suggestion that it didn't take very long.

Yes. You *can* use the draining board to 'dry' (rather than just drain) stuff, but it's often quicker to dry it by hand. Like it is generally quicker to dry stuff in a TG than to just peg it on a line oustside or on a horse inside, especially if you are in a hurry and consider all conditions.

Correct? *IF you only have the bunchy basket thing* you don't have the choice of having them held individually?
Cheers, T i m
<snip> >> Like I said, it's got to be taken in context. It wasn't a measurement

I dunno, 'all that needs doing' probably? Basically I think the DW gets used every day or when full (whichever is the longer).

<snip> >> Yes. You *can* use the draining board to 'dry' (rather than just

It doesn't.

Sorry, a TD. ;-)

Quite.

No, I think I do like you <weg>

Yup.
Cheers, T i m

I have the cutlery basket on one of the kitchen benches and put the cutlery from the current meal in the basket after each meal. So there is no separate loading of the basket before starting the dishwasher.

No, ours isn't like that. It's around the same size overall as yours, but has two top pieces which make a grid into which you drop the cutlery. It was a little awkward at first since previous dishwashers were like yours but it's not so bad now and actually quiten handy when getting them out.
--
Chris Green
·

You've just reminded me, I think mine actually had a flip down piece like that, which I removed and discarded as it didn't make any sense. Easiest thing in the world to use it without, you place 10 items of cutlery in each section, business end up. Then take them all out together after the wash. Nothing could be simpler.
--
"If women are so bloody perfect at multitasking,
How come they can't have a headache and sex at the same time?" - Bill Connolly

10 at a time works fine. They shuffle about with the water jets anyway. If you had no dividers, they wouldn't stay upright, then they would stick together.
--
Many years ago in Scotland, a new game was invented. It was ruled "Gentlemen Only...Ladies Forbidden"...and thus the word GOLF entered into the English language.

That approach does keep the individual items more separate so in theory should see less food remain between the cutlery items at the end of the wash.
And with a removable lid you can use it whichever way you like if you find that you hardly ever get any food not removed when you don't bother with the lids.

Trouble is that the grid holes are not circular, so you have to watch that when you pull something out, it doesn't catch and pull the lid off. Also the lid (top piece) is getting very ratty now after 5 years of me having no patience with it.
Thass why when we get the kitchen redone, we're gonna get a new DW with a top tray for the cutlery.

Why not just remove the offending lid like I did?
--
"These stretch pants come with a warranty of one year or 500,000 calories... whichever comes first."

Or happen to have cutlery that doesn't get stuck? ;-)
Cheers, T i m.

Ah yes, I'd forgotten about that. Handles go through the bottom and jam the spinning spray arm.
--
*Squawk!* Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine! [Parroty error]