Heads ups for DIYBanter posters, goodbye ...

If you are reading and posting from DIY banter, tough.

Your badly chosen newsystem is now in my killfile, joining flashnewsgroups and other anonymous web remailers.

I suspect many other locals here will have done the same.

If you do want to properly engage with folks, please see

Adrian Caspersz

yep, "desperately seeking admin" was the final straw

Reply to
Andy Burns

It seems very rare to get any form of response or engagement from posters from that site... perhaps the UI is so bad they can never find their posts or the replies to them.

Reply to
John Rumm

For me its more home owners club whose news system ignores years and does not put anything in quotes either. The problem is some news servers are not so easy to ban as I have no way to select that bit of a header. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

I could use a laugh this afternoon. Where can I find that post?

Reply to
Graham.

thread: Where is Administration diybanter.com ??

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Nothing entertaining I'm afraid, just bogdangsh, helenagg, valeriaoyg and friends

Reply to
Andy Burns

The irritating thing is the site does have the ability to quote properly

- but it requires the user to highlight the bit they want quoted when they post. Needless to say it does not happen for a number of reasons.

Can you specify custom headers in the message filters in OE?

(not used it for years, and I don't have a copy handy to play with)

Reply to
John Rumm