Head torch advice

I've been asked to get a head torch. The user will be crawling around in the back of computers a _lot_, so definitely rechargeable and a flood beam rather than a spot.

Suggestions?

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

I bought an H7R.2 (on the recommendation of someone here) from Zoro and have been very pleased with it.

nothanks

This is what I use. Worn as a head torch it gives a good general light as well as a directional one:

Colin Bignell

I have many[1] - the ones I rate best are the Petzl (good, reliable, expensive) and the Energizer ones (good reliable, more resonable price!)

There are rechargeable ones, although I find the life from the 3xAAA battery versions is more than adequate.

[1] One for each toolbox and a few spare here and there!
Reply to
John Rumm

In message <ucj0sc$1rklf$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me, Vir Campestris snipped-for-privacy@invalid.invalid writes

My daughter bought me one similar to these It's flood lit and great for working outside when I need both hands free. I

Brian

Reply to
brian

The Petzl that I have can be adjusted for direction, rather than having to adjust one's head, A definite PLUS point

Reply to
charles

I think most of them seem to allow the up/down angle tilt to be changed...

Reply to
John Rumm

The limiting factor (IMHO) is that the elastic strap goes all limp long before the main unit fails, making it useless, so if there are any that have a non-elastic strap using velcro for adjustment, then I would go for that make.

Reply to
Andrew

I've had one of these:

for a while. Very expensive but must have paid its way by now. Battery lasts ages even on mid setting (high is too bright!), and is easily replaceable come the time. The battery pack is nothing like as cumbersome as it looks.

I've also got a generic rechargeable cheapie from Screwfix - perfectly fine but nothing like the brightness, adjustability, or life between charges. Cost

1/10 of the H8R tho . . .
Reply to
RJH

I don't know if they're still available but I have a few compact ones I got from Poundland. They use 3 off AAA batteries so not rechargeable so I use some 950mAh NiMH cells in them. They give a good bright wide spread of light and have the advantage of being very light and compact, and very cheap at only £1. They're reviewed by Big Clive at

Mike Clarke

Crawling around INSIDE a computer?

Most these days are led of course, but as you suggest getting one with an adjustable beam width is not easy. I'm our of touch, but when I could see a bit I found most torches with leds too blue for my liking. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff