HD data recovery.

I have WD Caviar Blue HDD's One failed under warranty Not only did they swap it for free ... they also offered to recover all data (without guarantee) ... it was all recovered and came back on a really nice 1TB very slim portable USB HDD

So pretty pleased with WD data recovery - as it was free

Reply to
rick

Hurrah! I've been retired for about 10 weeks now, and it's brilliant.

Reply to
Huge

En el artículo , Huge escribió:

+1 (1 year). It's great!
Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

I wrote a script to email me the number every day.

Reply to
Bob Eager

LOL. I had a countdown clock on my desktop.

Reply to
Huge

I'm glad you'd realised the extreme fragility, ESDwise, of these controller boards once removed from the protection of their host drive housings and the need to resurrect the OTT ESD precautions of the bygone era of the earliest mosfets (leads wrapped with a strand of tinned copper wire, only to be removed *after* it was safely soldered or plugged into a completely assembled circuit board)

I'm afraid I forgot about this ESD fragility and just used my 'Every Day' ESD orientated handling routine when I successfully swapped the board the first time round to recover the data off the drive with the zapped board. Murphy only struck when I swapped the good board back to its donor drive whereupon I was left with two broken drives. :-(

Reply to
Johnny B Good

Do tell...

Reply to
Phil Addison

This is an excerpt from their reply:-

******************

Can I recommend that you try something before spending a lot of money with a data recovery company? Try to see if you can recover your data using something called WinHex -at x-ways.net

Perhaps that will solve your problems.

If not, then I am afraid you would be looking at a charge from us of at least £350 plus VAT.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Ah - my memory failed me. It's all Fs for EOF, not all 0s. For some variable number of effs.

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris