Has Sainsbury's lost it?

On Sat, 3 Aug 2019 17:29:58 +0100, Gareth's was W7 now W10 Downstairs Computer snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote: [snip]

I shall investigate ...

Reply to
Scott

Not to help out, to ensure that thieves don?t bother to scan have the stuff they put in their trolley or basket.

Reply to
Swer

and quite right too,,,saw a couple of polish scumbags at my Tesco put all their stuff through the terminal then try to leave without paying and got caught by the wummin.......they made a sign that they would have to go out to their van for their card which they had forgotte...ha ha ha.....they went out to their polish registered van with polish sign writing and buggered off laughing.....no doubt to try another supermarket

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

I have caught out my local Tescos several times when things on the shelves are marked as reduced or special offer only to find that the till is not updates and is intent on charging you full price.

_ A L W A Y S _ ask for a receipt and _ C H E C K I T _

Reply to
Gareth's was W7 now W10 Downst

I am confident that you will be impressed and so find a reason to visit Lidl.

But the trouble with Lidl is the special offers in the middle aisles; things you did not know you needed before you entered the shop and which you will never use even if you buy them :-)

(Except that some years after buying the ultrasonic cleaning tank, it was just what I needed when I started being an amateur horologist needing to clean disassembled clock movements)

(( But that Horolene cleaning formula stinks to high heaven because of its ammonia content ))

Reply to
Gareth's was W7 now W10 Downst

The irritating thing when calling the assistant over on the self checkout is when they've put everything through they then won't also do the paying up :-)

Reply to
Gareth's was W7 now W10 Downst

nonsequitur of course

M&S sometimes charge the full price, got to watch that

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Lidl Newgate Vegetable soup 400g 35p (ingredients not available online, picture on Lidl website) half a can

82 kcal (41 kcal per 100g), 1.2g fat, 5.8g sugars, 1.0g salt.

Marks & Spencer Chunky Winter Vegetable Soup (from

) Cals 70, Fat 0.4g, Carbs 12.6g, (sugars nil) (sodium nil)

Not sure what conclusions I can draw other than food labelling is still a mess in this country.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

And then demand DOUBLE THE DIFFERENCE in Tesco, and £2 gift card per receipt line in Asda.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

well I handed in the £50 cashback I found then I lost £50 cash back the next week and no bugger handed that in ......doesn't pay to be honest.....

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

It seems to me the Lidl product is higher in fat, sugar and salt.

Reply to
Scott

I always look for the red labels .....

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

... or an electric hedge clipper?

No, sorry, that's a non secateur.

Reply to
Gareth's was W7 now W10 Downst

But what was the price of the corresponding Marks & Sparks can?

Reply to
Gareth's was W7 now W10 Downst

It always surprises the assistants when you're honest about anything, especially if you're being undercharged and point it out.

Reply to
Gareth's was W7 now W10 Downst

I think we can assume more than 35p, which is Tesco Value[1] soup territory.

Owain

[1] Or "Farmer Giles Kitchen Harvest" or whatever it's been renamed to.
Reply to
spuorgelgoog

I do have quite a lot of the Lidl vegetable offering, and it does have some macaroni in it.

Reply to
Gareth's was W7 now W10 Downst

Fair play that does f*ck me off. When *you* know exactly what you want.....

Reply to
R D S

Well it is around these parts.

And bolstered by the way Tesco are shutting stores and replacing them with Jack's.

Our Lidl is frankly awful, as is the one in Blackburn, and the one in Colne that I visited the other day.

YMMV.

Reply to
R D S

Its a one way street that goes around in a circle.

Reply to
dennis