Handbags for men

The Frenchman has his sacoche, the Spaniard has his bolsa. Why do English men think it's the mark of a poof to carry a handbag ?

Reply to
Jim Hawkins

The fact that the French and Spaniards think it is ok is enough, surely?

Reply to
Davey

Because English men have the perfectly good options of a briefcase or attaché case.

Or, for those slightly lower on the social scale, a carrier bag that clinks.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

The answer surely is to make them look like toolboxes...

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

I don't. I frequently carry a manbag.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

A sandwich box does not count ;-)

Reply to
fred

Not needed. I put stuff in my pockets. If I doesn't fit, then I've got too much stuff. Ever watch SWMBO looking for stuff in her handbag? QED.

Reply to
Tim Streater

I don't know why women have a problem finding things in their handbags. Whatever they want will always be at the bottom.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

Not smart enough to turn them upside down before starting to look.

Reply to
ARW

I have a Healthy Back Bag! Brown leather small size. Really convenient and works well.

Also got an extra small black one for work use.

I couldn't get my head round carrying something on my hand - so had to be some sort of shoulder bag.

Reply to
polygonum

Same here. Six pockets in my everyday trousers, two of which are generally empty and spare. If I want to carry optical assistance, I take the monocle.

Reply to
Bob Eager

If they thought about it, they'd have another zip on the bottom.

Reply to
Bob Eager

+1.
Reply to
Frank Erskine

Thinking of it now, I could probably do with one when I am not working or going to college. I normally have a standard round the neck kind of bag which has all sorts in it ;)

Reply to
gremlin_95

I tried one of those but I kept falling off.

Reply to
Sam Plusnet

Small shopping, library books, keys (rather than let 'em make holes in your pocket) et. al.

Reply to
Frank Erskine

Handy for a can of WD40.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

  • Kindle.
Reply to
The Medway Handyman

+2
Reply to
Huge

I thought about it, but couldn't find anywhere to buy one. Then I discovered pound shops keep reading glasses, which are cheap enough to stick in a pocket and not care too much if they break.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ