Hammerite paint stripper

I'm looking for some sort of chemical to remove Hammerite from a metal window frame, which is why I don't want to use a blow torch. Any ideas?

Reply to
Jonathan Ward

I don't know whether Polycell paint stripper will get Hammerite off. It probably will, but cellulose thinners certainly will.

Rob Graham

Reply to
robgraham

Stripper takes pretty much anything off and the gel holds it in suspension for a while. Thinners will solubilise it, but whether you have time to remove it before they evaporate and the whole thing goes hard again is another matter.

Reply to
stuart noble

In message , Jonathan Ward writes

Phone Hammerite and ask them - the number's on the side of their cans

Reply to
geoff

Thanks I think I'll do that.

Reply to