Halstead boiler problems

Ok can someone help narrow down the problem for me pls???

After filling the bath the Auto air vent began to leak/spit water. Once allowing the system to cool down and drying it(no water internally and about a 5cm circle on the worktop) the system locked out. I reset the overheat reset button and then the system began normal function without locking out but still bleeds water from the auto vent. I dont have a multimeter until tomorrow so I cant check the PCB or other functions via the flowchart and diagnostics.

Is the autoairvent knackered??

Pressure relief valve works a-okay.

Many thanks in advance Carl

Reply to
hicky

Did the relief valve open? If so check the pressure vessel. Sometimes high pressure can blow an auto air vent. Any leaks to allow air in? The discharge may be hydrogen because of internal corrosion.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Not that I know(no residue outside) the only water escaping was from the aav, I've had a problem with the CH side loosing pressure over

6months but the CH isnt turned on it was the HW that caused this. I checked the Relief valve working by turnint it 1/4 and checking the water for corrosion and crud but ti was clear.
Reply to
hicky

Not that I know(no residue outside) the only water escaping was from the aav, I've had a problem with the CH side loosing pressure over

6months but the CH isnt turned on it was the HW that caused this. I checked the Relief valve working by turnint it 1/4 and checking the water for corrosion and crud but ti was clear.
Reply to
Doctor Drivel

The pressure is about half a bar 0.5, we've had to fill the system and rebleed about every three months or so. How would I go about recharging the vessel?

Reply to
hicky