Halstead Ace High Boiler CH problem

Have had a Halstead Ace High Combi boiler for a couple of years but no

the CH side is playing up.

The hot water has always worked fine (but the temperature was not ver hot - any ideas?) and works OK now so that illimates faults on most o the burner pump etc side

No matter what I do to the CH thermostat the CH has stopped.

Yesterday had a look and took the pump off but thats Ok - GOT IT BAC TOGETHER AND LO AND BEHOLD THE CH STARTED TO WORK - went out for couple of hours and when I got back it has stopped

Saw somewhere that the "Thermister" could give this problem (or th PCB)

Freezing here .... can anyone help???????

pet

-- peterx666

Reply to
peterx666

Start by finding out if the fault is external i.e. thermostat/timer/programmer or not.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

|! |!Have had a Halstead Ace High Combi boiler for a couple of years but now |!the CH side is playing up. |! |!The hot water has always worked fine (but the temperature was not very |!hot - any ideas?) and works OK now so that illimates faults on most of |!the burner pump etc side |! |!No matter what I do to the CH thermostat the CH has stopped. |! |!Yesterday had a look and took the pump off but thats Ok - GOT IT BACK |!TOGETHER AND LO AND BEHOLD THE CH STARTED TO WORK - went out for a |!couple of hours and when I got back it has stopped |! |!Saw somewhere that the "Thermister" could give this problem (or the |!PCB) |! |!Freezing here .... can anyone help???????

At a guess the pump is sticking and so not rotating, first see if it has a way to rotate it by hand, then thump it, and then replace it with a new one ASAP.

Reply to
Dave Fawthrop

effect

Still freezing ............... and other ideas?

pet

-- peterx666

Reply to
peterx666

The next thing that should happen is that either or both of the pump and the fan should come on? Do they?

Reply to
Ed Sirett