Halstead combi boiler

We've just moved into a rented bungalow, it's got a halstead finest gold combi boiler,

we've never had a place with a combi before, but are getting used to it, obviousely being summer the heating part isnt used, but i've figured out how to work it... set the time switch to when we want heat, and set the stat on the boiler front.

so i assume it just runs till the water temp is at the stat set level, taking no account of the actual temp of the bungalow, the rads do not have TRV's on them, this place is a bit of a bodgers paradise, half the heating system is 10mm microbore pipe, other half is 15mm pipe, some new style finned rads, some of the old heavy non finned ones.

Now i'm used to a digital room stat where you set the temp you want the place to be at different times during the day (this is what the last place had and what i have in my motorhome), so i guess this combi will be totaly different to this,

I've read that most combi's can have a room stat as an option, but as i'm having to use my mobile phone for internet, and were not in a 3G area, i can't get much info from the halstead website,

what's the deal with adding a room stat to a combi boiler? i imagine it's just a couple of wires connected to some terminals, and maybe a switch to tell it to operate from the room stat?

would it work like the stats i am used to, i.e. so i can ignore the mechanical time switch on the boiler front and the CH temp stat, and have the CH come on when it's needed from the room stat?

i read a lot about this external temperature compensating jobbie, not sure if this boiler can have that option either, or if i even need or want it???

Reply to
gazz

You are on the right track with your assumptions about the simple control for external bits on most combis.

Here is a link to the boiler which might help.

EricP

Diagram 28. The bit you are interested in is the loop of wire on the RH side. The external control substitutes for the link.

Keep the link to replace when you move to restore to "found" condition.

Reply to
EricP

Consider a R/F remote thermostat - then minimal wiring needed.

Reply to
John