Halopin G9 40W bulbs?

I foolishly made the mistake of installing a couple of light fittings that take five of the G9 halogen capsule bulbs each.

I've subsequently found out that they have a very short life (typically less than a year even with Osrams), and both my local eletrical trade shop, and the likes of screwfix are asking £5 each bulb. As you can imagine it's becoming expensive to keep the lights maintained. Particularly when the lights they replaced took a 40p 100W bayonet that only needed replacing every 3 years!

Before I replace the fittings again in a fit of rage, anyone know a cheap source of G9 bulbs?

NB - Note to self, check life expectancy and cost of replacement bulbs before choosing a light fitting!

TIA - Rufus.

Reply to
Rufus A

ditch it. Sorry. Unless youre wiling to refit it with something else, like little 12v halogens.

Regards, NT

Reply to
N. Thornton

A bit cheaper here, but not much!