Halogen bulbs

What is the lowest wattage halogen bulb that is available to fit a mains downlight ? Is there one less than 35w ?

Thanks Brian

Reply to
Brian

Do you mean a GU10 fitting?

Alex

Reply to
Alex (YMG)

On 16 Nov 2004 03:06:24 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@btinternet.com (Brian) strung together this:

20W.
Reply to
Lurch

If heat is a problem and price isn't, you can get LED clusters to fit.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

There are some LED based ones that are of much lower wattage. I think I saw Screwfix have started to stock them

Reply to
G&M

Yeah there's lots on eBay, for very little ££. Not sure how reliable they are, and I guess the light colour wouldn't be too great?

Alex

Reply to
Alex (YMG)

Thanks for all that info. ( It was my first post on this board )

Yes it's a G10 fitting and yes , heat is a problem. I'll look at the led type bulbs as an alternative. Brian

Reply to
Brian

Welcome to the group :)

Here's one for an example:

you can get fluorescent GU10 fittings (no idea what these are like in use):

Alex (YMG)