Gutter Compatability

Are all "Square-Line guttering fittings interchangeable?

Reply to
DerbyBorn

On Thursday 09 January 2014 16:22 Phil L wrote in uk.d-i-y:

If the difference is too great, it may also be possible to cement the two together (uPVC cement that is) - use scraps to overlap by 2" each way on the inside. Assuming it is uPVC.

Should look reasonably neat from the outside.

Reply to
Tim Watts

Not a chance - mine are some particularly odd size too :(

Reply to
Martin Brown

When I worked in a Everest warehouse, there were many different types/sections of square guttering, as there was of half round guttering.

Reply to
Bob H

Bob H wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

Great! I can't find a maker's name.

Reply to
DerbyBorn

No. Some can be butchered to make fit.

Reply to
harryagain

Take a fitting along and see which gutters can be butchered to make fit.

Reply to
harryagain

"harryagain" wrote in news:lamsa9$tkj$9@dont- email.me:

The trouble is that most merchants will only stock one make I suppose. Any ideas what was common in 1988?

Reply to
DerbyBorn

Take a rough impression off one end of a gutter stop and go around looking for an exact match at first. It is a lot easier if you can find a part code in the moulding since an internet search will usually find the maker and dealers if you put in "square gutter" and a part code.

Reply to
Martin Brown