Gudsss who forgot to but the turkey in the over

That's lunch 3 and half hour late

tim

Reply to
tim...

That's alright, last week I forgot to take half my dinner out of the oven where it was keeping warm.

Found it the next day.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Guess who was drinking which might be the reason, judging from the header?

Reply to
F Murtz

Yes, I can't believe that I didn't notice that

But It was not I. I wasn't even involved in passing on/checking up on the instructions

tim

Reply to
tim...

I decided not to eat the microwave dinner that I cooked and forgot about. It had been in there for over a week when I found it.

Reply to
ARW

Had it evolved enough intelligence to outsmart a politician at least, after it walked off?

Reply to
Tim Watts

Ours isn't ready yet. The chef takes his job seriously, and is very thorough. Fast, he is not.

Reply to
Bob Eager

I had lunch (a sandwich) at lunch time.

Christmas dinner is almost ready, lasagne in the microwave and just have to pop the garlic bread in the oven for 10 mins and unscrew the wine.

Highlight of the afternoon was painting the bedroom and reading a really interesting book on 1950s construction materials(*) I got from the charity shop for 25p.

Owain

  • AKA 1001 Fun Things To Do With Asbestos ;-(
Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Have now had the first two courses and are taking a rest before pudding etc.

It was brilliant - best meal I can remember having, apart from the one he did last Christmas.

He is a professional chef, but not working today!

Reply to
Bob Eager

just finished our desert

now having to suffer strictly poncing about

tim

Reply to
tim...

I'm holding off TV until Victorian Bakers featuring Tripe Pies

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

No roast potatoes this year. She forgot to put them in the oven.

The cat turned up and scratched their new setee and carpet.

Reply to
ARW

Adrian Caspersz

:-)

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

I have a video of it. And one of his hand bleeding after the cat decided the carpet was not good enough.

Reply to
ARW

Ah that old joke I'm working on crossing a turkey with a phoenix, so you get a bird that cooks itself. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Ah. I've been wallpapering. :)

Reply to
jgh

Yes, I found the sprouts and parsnip mash in the microwave this morning. Also the spiced red cabbage, carefully prepared the day before, which was still in the fridge.

Both Guardian suggestions, as was the one to prepare a Gantt chart or spreadsheet.

I used to do this years ago when preparing Xmas dinners for up to 12. This year, with only 8, I thought I didn't need it. Need to remind my self for next year, in fact I will put a reminder in Google Calendar.

Reply to
newshound

Just enough time to boil the sprouts, then.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

A few years ago, I forgot to serve the courgettes I steamed above the potatoes. Found them a week or two later when I got the steamer out again, by which time they had run through the holes into the bottom of the steamer, and resembled a dead furry animal. Took a bit of thinking back to remember what they originally were.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel