Grow your own tobacco

I stopped the snouts two years ago. To smokers this must be worth a crack?
http://www.tobaccoseed.co.uk/
On Sunday, February 12, 2017 at 5:32:25 PM UTC, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

Plenty of Polish shops in Hull with Russian baccy for £3 a pouch.
http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/surge-in-illegal-cigarettes-and-tobacco-in-h ull-sees-price-drop-to-just-3-a-pack/story-29952404-detail/story.html
On Sunday, 12 February 2017 17:32:25 UTC, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

Back in the sixties it was common to grow ones own. The stuff was vile apparently, more suitable for pipes.
Processing it is difficult apparently.
harry wrote:

Before I gave up I tried rolling my own. The shop round the corner was selling 50g Route 66 pipe tobacco for less than a tenner. It was a bit messy but it worked. He ran out so I Googled and went to a big posh snout shop. The bloke in there said that he could not understand why other roll your own smokers had not clicked on. Giving up smoking was one of the best things I've ever done. ....................... all of those stupid years smelling like an ashtray.
On Sunday, February 12, 2017 at 6:16:16 PM UTC, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

It's like garlic - if everyone stinks of it, who cares?

Everyone doesn’t.
On 13/02/2017 19:28, Rod Speed wrote:

Ever been to France?
--
Adam

On Sun, 12 Feb 2017 10:00:50 -0800 (PST), harry

And during the war. My wife's grandfather used to grow it in his garden, hang the huge leaves in a greenhouse to dry and then lay it out in an old barn to let it mature.
--

Chris

On 12/02/2017 18:37, Chris Hogg wrote:

I read that it is common in Holland for pipe smokers to grow their own tobacco. Drying it is a bit more involved to get good results, more of a 'cooking' process, but it can be done on a small scale.

You can buy ornamental tobacco which I understand is pretty awful, but then to me smoking should only be used as a torture. Brian
--
----- -