Gridwatch full dataset available

I have decided to make the full SQL database of 5 minute National Grid samples (demand, frequency and generation by fuel type plus international interconnector flows) available to those who want to do statistical and 'what if' type analyses.

The actual file is (currently) about 6.3Mbytes and is updated hourly.

See

for details.

On my setup it imported cleanly into Open Office calc with no problems.

All data (except frequency!) is in MW.

NOTE: the data is occasionally incomplete.. reflecting connectivity problems to BM reports and it is also in places obviously inaccurate where the data sets returned have been essentially WRONG (It think there is a 170GW demand at one point or other!!!).

Rather than massage the data I decided to present it, warts and all.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Yum yum raw data. Slurp.

Reply to
Alex Selby

Thank you for that - it will be very useful!

Reply to
Terry Casey