grid electrical accessories

Hello,

Has anyone used the grid electrical accessories from Tool station? they appear to be half the price of those from TLC. Are the two makes compatible?

I'd like to use a 3 x 4 grid but Tool station only sells 2 x 4 grids, so I would like to buy the face plate from TLC but use the cheaper switches and indicators from TS. Can that be done?

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Reply to
Fred

I was going to say that's because TLC only sell MK grid stuff which is always expensive - but I see they appear to have added another make. But seemingly to order only.

I'd be surprised if different makes can be mix and matched. But I doubt Tool station make their own - another supplier might have the same make in a wider range including the bits you want.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Dave Plowman (News) wibbled on Sunday 20 December 2009 17:03

I'd be surprised if they didn't - that's the whole point of grid modules - they're modular.

Perhaps I'm optimistic - so I might say try one and see...

Reply to
Tim W

No idea. Without confirmation, I'd stick with MK (Discount Electrical, good range, good price) as they have a wide range of the various switch modules. I've rarely used grids because I want "a big light switch", it's usually because I want neons or the odd fuse.

Tried phoning Toolstation? I've always found them helpful.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Don't use grid stuff much these days - but when I did, the two major makers, Crabtree and MK, certainly didn't mix. Nor does newer MK mix with older.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Yes; their range is made by CED but CED have not returned my call yet.

Reply to
Fred

Have you checked to see if they make what you want?

They may not supply direct for a small order but should give you a list of their distributors.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)